Are you going to the Women’s March on Saturday? Where are you marching and what does your sign say?
The March has been criticized for the lack of a unified message. Nonsense.
The message is solidarity. The message is an expression of our commitment to speak up against injustices threatened by the new administration.
The message is about showing up. Showing up to exercise our right to free speech, our right to peaceably assemble, and our right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The March is just the beginning of our showing up. And it’s a big one. I’m marching in Seattle tomorrow with an expected crowd of 60,000+. My husband and I are taking one of 19 charter buses with nearly 1,000 residents from my community east of the city.
We are showing up, in massive numbers. There is strength and energy in numbers and we will need both to do the work required of us in this unknown new world we entered today. Tomorrow is one step.
I’ve been compiling a list of slogans for signs to carry at the March. I’ve tried to organize them into categories, but some fit in more than one. What does your sign say? Or what would it say? Please share in the comments.
- Women’s rights are human rights.
- We won’t go back.
- Strong women raise strong daughters.
- I march for my daughters.
- So that my little girl will never doubt she is powerful and valuable. #WhyIMarch
- My body, my choice.
- Women are in charge of their own bodies.
- If fighting for affordable child care and paid family leave is playing the woman card, then deal me in. (HRC)
- Silent no more.
- We Will Not Be Silent.
- Silence is not an option.
- Hear us roar.
- The future is nasty.
- Proud to be a nasty woman.
- Our bodies. Our minds. Our power.
- This pussy has claws.
- Pussy grabs back.
- My uterus is private property.
- History is her story.
- Feminist majority.
- My body to give. Not yours to take.
- Girls just wanna have fun-damental human rights.
- Woman power.
- We like watching Mad Men. We don’t want to be in it.
- “No woman can call herself free who doesn’t control her own body.” (Margaret Sanger)
- Pro-child. Pro-family. Pro-choice.
- Keep abortion safe and legal.
- If it’s not your body, it’s not your decision.
- Nasty women unite.
- “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot accept.” (Angela Davis)
- Rise of the Woman = Rise of the Nation
- If you can’t trust me with choice, how can you trust me with a child?
- Women united are stronger than a country divided.
- I’m a feminist. What’s your superpower?
- Hands off my hat. (for those you wearing pussy hats)
- A Woman’s Place is in the Resistance.
- No one is free when others are oppressed.
- Dignity, respect and justice for all.
- Equality for all.
- Black lives matter.
- We shall overcome.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that. (MLK)
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK)
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. (MLK)
- The time is always right to do what is right. (MLK)
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. (MLK)
- “The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.” (Ida B. Wells)
- Science is real.
- Climate change is real.
- The debate is over.
- You can’t do business on a dead planet.
- Love is love is love is love. (Lin Manuel Miranda)
- Hugs not hate.
- We are stronger together.
- When they go low, we go high. (Michelle Obama)
- When they go low, we VOTE.
- “Fear is always with us, but we just don’t have time for it. Not now.” (Hillary Clinton)
- Yes we can. (Obama)
- “We rise or fall as one” (Obama)
- Be the change.
- We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- “Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can.” (Hillary)
- We shall overcome.
- I can’t believe we still have to protest this shit.
- I’m too mad to pick one reason.
- People united, will never be divided.
- If you are not angry you are not paying attention.
- America is Great because of:
People of Color
People of Diverse Religions
- Stronger together.
- Rise up.
- Left or right. We can all see WRONG. (I’m leaning toward this slogan for the sign I will make tonight.)
- Rights take might.
- We will not be silenced.
- This is what an American looks like.
- “I Am Stronger Than Fear.” (Malala Yousafzai)
- Stop the repeal.
- Save our health care.
- Health care is a human right.
- In America, no one should go without health care.
- Health should not be a luxury.
- Don’t take away my care.
- Love Trumps Hate.
- Delete your account.
- We are not a country that cowers behind walls.
- Build bridges, not walls.
- I pay taxes. Where’s yours?
- #NotNormal. Resist.
- Make America Think Again
- Count me among the resistance.
- Hate ain’t great.
A Mighty Girl Facebook page.